Sunday, July 5, 2009

Once Upon A Time...


I'm finally done my small business course and decided to celebrate by catching up on some drawings.This piece was supposed to be in response to the IF topic of "Unfold" a couple weeks back.

There's another version of this that can be seen here. The difference is a blue background, and a different font for the type. I think I prefer this version but feel free to let me know your thoughts! The character was in part inspired by Groucho Marx as when I started this my wife and I had just watched Duck Soup (which I highly reccomend).

9 comments:

  1. Conrats on finishing the couse Marcus..and glad to see your wonderful illustrations gracing the pages of illustration Friday again. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much of the story you are telling in the back... your style has a great finish to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwwwwww you have a great style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful style and congrats on taking the course, it will help you in so many ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Marcus! I just love this new illustration! Great work!
    Ps. I prefer this one!! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your interpretation of Groucho as a teacher telling a story to his class. Could you imagine having him as a teacher?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work. I really like the way you depicted the story in one color tone...and don't get me started on those marx bros movies. some of them are among my faves.

    ReplyDelete