Monday, March 9, 2009

Intricate


My Illustration Friday submission for the theme "intricate". The first response I had of course was a spider web. And after drawing one, I have a higher appreciation of spiders - it's so much work!

Anyway, that led me to Charlotte's web and a modern interpretation thinking about the kazillion layoffs these days (including yours truly), and to what extent some may be driven to go to in defending themselves from the proverbial "axe".

I'm not sure if the reference if too vague, hands-up, who got it?

8 comments:

  1. Excellent! The reference isn't vague at all if you know Charlotte's Web, which I think a lot of people do-- it's a classic! I got it right away.

    Nice interpretation of a timely topic, and nice take on this week's theme .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Like your textures to the clothes - very good. Your earlier post - Instict 2 - is a real belter, laughed out loud, I hate saying lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the subject. Timely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely got the Charlotte's web part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my hand is up... this is really clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really solid! This is an excellent solution to the theme and your execution is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your blog and also this weeks Illustartion Friday post.

    ReplyDelete